Game rules Combina
Object of the Game
- Swap tiles to complete horizontal or vertical lines of 3, 4, or 5 identical tiles.
How to Play
- Swap two adjacent tiles to complete horizontal and vertical lines of identical tiles. You can only swap tiles that border on the left, right, top, or bottom of the selected tile.
- You cannot swap diagonally bordering tiles. You also cannot swap nonadjacent tiles.
- After a row or column of at least 3 identical tiles has been formed, the row will disappear. The resulting gap will then be filled with tiles that will fall from above, and new tile combinations will be possible.
- There are two ways to swap tiles:
1) "Drag & Drop" one of the tiles onto the other.
2) Click one tile after the other.
- By clicking on an already-selected tile, the tile will then become deselected.
- Each time a tile is swapped, at least one row of identical tiles must be formed. In other words, you cannot make more than one move to form a line of identical tiles.
- The swapping of nonadjacent tiles is not valid.
- You are not allowed to swap diagonally bordering tiles.
Level and Time Requirements
- Each game has a maximum of 4 levels.
- You are given a maximum of 60 seconds to complete each level.
- To successfully complete a level, you have to form enough lines of identical tiles (the "Points Bar" must be filled) before the time ("Time Bar") runs out.
- If the necessary amount of points has not been scored within 60 seconds, then the game will end after the current level.
Each new level increases the number of different types of tiles in play. In level 1 there are 5 different types of tiles, in level 4 there are 8. Therefore, the higher the level, the more difficult it will be to form lines of identical tiles.
You will receive the following points for forming the stated lines of identical tiles:
- 3-tile lines: 300 Points.
- 4-tile lines: 600 Points.
- 5-tile lines: 1200 Points.
Chain reactions: You will receive extra points if falling tiles cause chain reactions.
- If a second line of identical tiles is automatically formed, you will receive 450, 750, or 1350 points, respectively.
- If a third line of identical tiles is automatically formed, you will receive 600, 900, or 1500 points, respectively.
Intersecting lines: If you form lines that intersect (i.e.: L-shaped or T-shaped), then they are scored as two separate entities. For example, two groups of three that form the shape of a T will be counted as two single lines.
Time Bonus: You will also receive a time bonus of 250 points per second that is left over at the end of a level.
Strategies and Tips
- Try your best to form 4 or 5-tile lines and intersecting lines as they result in more points.
- Take advantage of chain reactions. The closer to the bottom that you form lines, the bigger the chance is that the falling tiles will create new lines.
- Play quickly to receive additional bonus points at the end of each level.
The hint button
Use the hint button when you are unable to find any additional, matching lines. You will then be shown an available combination.
But be careful! A single use of this button will cost you 2000 points and each further use will increase the penalty by an additional 1000 points (i.e.: -3000, -4000, -5000, etc.).
NEW: New tiles will automatically fall onto the playing field if there are no more available combinations. That means that you can always be sure there are valid combinations on the screen.