Rules for Captain Click
The object of Captain Click is to skillfully clear groups of like-colored coins. You will receive extra points for clearing series of like-colored groups, for clearing large groups of coins, and for sinking the treasure chest in each level.
Object of the Game
- Click groups of three or more like-colored coins to clear them from the screen and collect points.
- The glass tube on the left-hand side of the screen fills with coins for each group of like-colored coins you clear. Once it is full, a treasure chest will fall into play.
- To reach the next level, sink the treasure chest by clearing the coins below it so that it can fall to the bottom of the screen.
How to reach the next level
- There are five stages (levels) in Captain Click. The first levels are relatively simple because there are only three varying colors to clear and the coins flow onto the screen slowly. The third level introduces an additional color and an increase in speed.
- There is a glass tube on the left-hand side of the game. Your first mission is to fill this tube with the gold coins you receive for clearing the colored coins in the game. But you'll have to be careful, because clicking on groups of less than 3 like-colored coins result in point deductions.
- Once the glass tube is full, a treasure chest will fall onto the screen. Now your mission is to sink this chest to the bottom of the screen by clearing all the coins beneath it. Once the treasure chest has reached the bottom, you will receive a bonus and the next level will begin.
- If you clear all 5 levels before the time runs out, you will get a big surprise!
- The amount of points you receive for each group of like-colored coins you clear depends directly on the number of coins in the group, i.e.: 5 points for a group of 5 coins.
- For clearing large groups of coins you receive bonus points. In the example below, if you were to clear the yellow and red coins, they would give way to a large group of blue coins, which would in turn be worth a lot of extra points.
- Make use of the bonus multipliers (x2, x3, x4) in conjunction with large groups of coins. The multipliers are applied to the group with which they are cleared. You do not have to click on the multiplier coin to receive the bonus, just click within its group. The total value of the cleared coins will be multiplied by the multiplier.
- You can score even more points by clearing as many color series as posslbe. A color series is attained when you clear several groups of the same color coins consecutively. The color and length of the current series is displayed at the top of the screen. Additionally, the captain's lantern will glow in the corresponding color to the current color series. A color series in a higher level is worth much more than in the lower levels.
- Clear the entire board! If you manage to clear the entire board of coins, then you will receive a Clearing Bonus . This bonus increases each time you clear the board!
- The bonus increases with each level. In level 1, you recieve 50% of the basis bonus for a color series, clearing the screen and other accomplishments. In the 5th level you receive a 5 times the basis bonus! The higher the level, the more valuable the bonus.
Bombs and Buttons
- Black bombs destory the 20 coins around the bomb.
- Color bombs clear all of the coins on the board with the corresponding color. The color bomb is activated in the example below.
- The arrow at the bottom, right side of the board can be used to accelerate the flow of new coins onto the board. By clicking on the arrow, a row of coins will flow onto the board. This can be useful when building a long color series. You can also accelerate the flow of coins by pressing the space bar.
There are several rewards you will receive for reaching the next level:
- Level Bonus: A gift from the captain
Line Bonus: Once the treasure chest hits the bottom of the screen, you will receive an extra bonus for the position of the coins on the board.
- You will receive even more extra points if all lines are empty.
- You will also receive a few extra points for lines that only contain a few coins.
- You will not receive any points for lines that are completely full of coins.
- Additional time: You recieve additional time for reaching the next level.
Tips & Tricks
- The best way to earn the biggest points is by creating long color-series in the final levels. Pick a color, and try to only clear coins of that color as long as possible. It is also important to note that bombs do not interrupt a color series!
- Get to levels 4 and 5 as quickly as possible. You receive 4-5 times the bonus in these levels. A short color series in level 5 is worth more than a long color series in level 1.
- Attempt to trap, several bonus multipliers in a group of coins. A large, like-colored group with all multipliers can give you a bonus of up the 40 times the original value!
- If you manage to complete the 5th level , before you run out of time, then you will be rewarded with a worthwhile surprise!